RECOGNIZING EXCEPTIONAL TALENT RECOGNIZING EXCEPTIONAL TALENT
The Apollo 50th Award Ceremony recognized individuals who have pioneered space, educators who are inspiring our future STEAM workforce and innovators that are making giant leaps for humankind. Recipients to date:
- Apollo 50th Education Award – June Scobee Rodgers, Founding Chair and Director of the Challenger Center
- Apollo 50th Innovation Award – David Thompson, Founder Orbital ATK
- Apollo 50th Pioneer Award – JoAnn Morgan, first female engineer at NASA
- Apollo Innovation Award – Sir Richard Branson, Founder Virgin Galactic (Photo features George Whitesides, CEO VG accepting the award on Sir Richard’s behalf)
- Apollo Pioneer Award – Gerry Griffin, Apollo Flight Director
- Apollo Education Award – Dr Carolyn Williams, FOHTA
Also: Alasdair Scott-Goddard, winner of the Celestial Chic dress code!
- Apollo Innovation Award – Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin Founder
- Apollo Pioneer Award – Mae Jemison, Former Astronaut
- Apollo Education Award – Jim Christensen, former director of education at Kennedy Space Center
Also: Valmira Mavraj, winner of the Intergalactic Chic dress code!
2017-2019 Awards Photo Gallery